Saturday, June 13, 2009

Pheasant Hunting







Once I went pheasant hunting with my Dad, Grandpa, Eric, Paul, and some other men. We had lots of fun. When we started to go it looked kind of dark because it was really early in the morning. We went out to breakfast to a restaurant and I had french toast. We drove in my Grandpa Holmans truck. It was pretty far away and we stopped at a farm. We went to the three kings and then went to a farm. The three kings are rocks with designs scraped in the rock. We found some other drawings too. I don't know who did them. I just know that people long ago made them.






Here I got to hold a pheasant. It was heavy and a little frozen. I only got to hold a rooster.



Pheasant hunting was fun, we had dogs that helped us find the pheasants so we could shoot them. I didn't get to shoot any. I got to shoot a can, though! It was so fun that I wanted to do it three times. There was a little aiming thing on the gun that helped me hit the can. Once I got to do it myself and was pretty powerful and pushed me back.





No comments: